This is caused by a problem with the save "table of contents" file, TOC.txt, becoming corrupt, damaged or out of date in some way (such as by moving save files in and out of the save folder manually). To get save/load working again if you experience this problem, you can:
- Go to your save folder. The location varies depending on your operating system:
- Windows: Documents\My Games\Wasteland2DC\Save Games
- Mac:/Macintosh HD/Users /USERNAME/Library/Documents/Application Support/Wasteland2DC/Save Games
- Linux: ~/.config/Wasteland2DC
- Look for the file "TOC.txt" and delete it.
When you restart the game, it'll re-create a new version of TOC.txt that is up to date, and your saves should appear correctly.