Since the Director's Cut release in late 2015, we've received occasional reports from AMD R7 and R9 series users who say they get crashes with the game, especially when using the inventory and other menus.
The following suggestions may help resolve these crashes:
Update Video Drivers
First, you can try updating to the newest AMD video driver software. Many users have reported this fixes the crash issues for them.
Force DirectX 9 Mode
Last, you can try enabling DirectX 9 mode instead of DirectX 11. Wasteland 2 uses DirectX 11 by default but you can still force DirectX 9 as a troubleshooting measure, which might improve performance and stability for you. To do this:
- Go to your Steam Library
- Find Wasteland 2 and right-click it, then select "Properties"
- Under the General Tab, click "Set Launch Options" and a dialog box will appear
- Type in "-force-d3d9" (without the quotes) and click "OK"
- Close the Properties window
- Go to where you installed the game
- Find WL2.exe and right-click it, then create a desktop shortcut
- Right-click the new shortcut and select "Properties"
- Inside the "Target" field, add in "-force-d3d9" (without the quotes) at the end, so it looks like, for instance: "C:\Program Files\GOG\Wasteland 2 Director's Cut\WL2.exe" -force-d3d9
- Click "OK" and run the game from the shortcut