Difficulties installing the SD or HD assets are usually caused by one of the following:
- Unstable Internet connection causing the download to be dropped
- Lack of space on your device to actually keep the files and cache them for installation/extraction
- Temporary service outages by our file host (sometimes the servers go down for maintenance etc., which can interrupt those downloads)
We would recommend trying to download again a little later, preferably using a fast and stable Wi-Fi connection, to see if the issue resolves itself.
If that does not work, you could also try a manual install of the files. This is slightly more advanced, and requires a third-party file manager app or desktop PC to do.
To do this, you would need to download the SD or HD assets manually using the links below, and then extract their contents into the game's folder on your device (/Android/data/com.inxile.BardTale/files/).
- HD: http://http.download.nvidia.com/tegrazone/payload/thebardstale/btdlc/hd0.zip
- SD: http://http.download.nvidia.com/tegrazone/payload/thebardstale/btdlc/ld0.zip
There are 27 zip files total for the HD assets, and 13 for the SD assets.
You will need to change the number in the URL at the end from 0-12 (SD) and 0-26 (HD), and download the files all separately.
Then, extract them in order, overwriting any files as prompted. When next starting the game, it should hopefully detect those files and let you continue playing as normal.