There is a known Unity engine bug with Wasteland 2 on Linux which can cause files to remain open longer than they should.
Linux operating systems have limit on how many files can be opened at once, which means this problem can lead to crashes and other strange issues after extended play sessions, or when loading larger locations in the game.
For now, you can try following the instructions below as a workaround to see if this resolves the issue:
- Open /etc/security/limits.conf as root.
- Paste the following two lines, replacing "username" with your user name or with * for all users:
- username soft nofile 4096
- username hard nofile 8192
- Reboot your system and try playing again.
You can also use higher file limits as defined above, ones even double or triple those shown shouldn't be a problem for most modern systems.