We’ve released a new version of Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut on the Xbox One and Microsoft Store that implements Play Anywhere functionality. Owning the game on either the Xbox One or Microsoft Store will grant ownership across both platforms, in addition to sharing save data and achievements.
If you’re already playing Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut on the Xbox One or Microsoft Store (and/or Xbox Game Pass PC app) with a version installed before May 20, 2020, read below for further instructions.
Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass for PC
- The Play Anywhere version of Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut is available as a separate product, and must be installed even if you’ve already been playing the title.
- Your existing install will continue to be available. After your saves have been imported (please keep reading) you’re free to uninstall it.
- When first launching the new Play Anywhere version the game will automatically import your existing saves and upload them to the cloud, making them available across both platforms.
- The Play Anywhere version has a more limited number of saves available, so upon launching the PC version you may be asked to choose which save games to keep.
- If you’ve previously played on Xbox One and are installing from the Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass PC app for the first time, you’ll be presented with those save games automatically imported from the cloud.
- The Xbox One version of Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut requires no special updates or changes to enable the Play Anywhere functionality. Keep playing and feel empowered to continue the game from your PC whenever you like!