The following is a list of known issues which our Development Team are currently tracking. Please be aware this is not a comprehensive list but is meant to cover only those topics we believe most players can encounter in their early playthroughs. We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible.
As ever, please use the search field in our PC Bug Report and Console Bug Report forums to see if an issue has been reported there. If it has not, please refer to the Bug Report Posting Guidelines when creating a new thread.
- When loading a prior save game in the multiplayer lobby, the game difficulty setting will not change the difficulty. Players will still be able to change the difficulty once the game is loaded.
- [GOG] A guest is unable to join a co-op session using the GOG Overlay. Pressing ‘Join’ does not work. GOG players will still be able to play together using direct connect.
- We’re aware of some users who are unable to join each other’s co-op games. We believe this may be due to network settings and antivirus/firewall settings. If you have any security programs active, we recommend making sure that Wasteland 3 is set as a safe file/program.
Xbox One & PlayStation 4
- [PS4] We're aware of a stuttering animation issue which may appear as poor performance on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 (backward compatibility).
- [PS4] The guest can get locked into a conversation with slot machines.
- Our patch schedule will continue to make improvements to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 stability and crash issues. Please ensure you’re using the latest version, and check inXile-Entertainment.com for updates.
- Some players are unable to proceed through the slides during the song at the end credits. This appears to be due to a timing translation issue for systems that have Region and Regional Formats set to those other than the United States/English.
- A potential workaround for now is to access your Windows Date & Time Settings > select Region > change Country or Region to the United States, as well as change Regional Format to English (United States). Upon reloading an affected save, save the game again, and then reload it once more. Upon playing through with that newly loaded save, the issue should be resolved. Once the ending slides have properly played, we recommend changing your system settings back to your original defaults.
- For clarification, the time zone should not need to be changed. Only the Region and Regional format will need to be amended temporarily in order to attempt this workaround.
- The game may not progress past the ending slides, resulting in the inability to fully complete the game and progress to the end credits.
- If the Jackhammer Shotgun is fired in combat, the game may crash during the next scene transition. Players using the Jackhammer Shotgun in combat should make sure to save before level transitioning. Reloading after the crash will clear the error and allow you to transition scenes as expected.
- Kwon and Lucia leave the party if you attack Isaac after avoiding combat with Dorseys.
- Aiming a grenade at a door at the top of stairs can result in the game freezing.
- [PC] Cannot save game.
- This has been traced to antivirus programs blocking the game from saving. Please ensure you have Wasteland 3 allowed/whitelisted through your AV.
- In the case of BitDefender use the Protection->Safe Files option.
- Lore book and cassette tape achievement currently can’t be achieved.
- After changing the display mode in display settings, then selecting ‘no’ at the confirmation prompt, the change is still accepted. Please double check your settings and adjust as necessary.
- Quickly swapping and moving characters from afar when a cutscene begins may cause the game to become unresponsive.
- [PC] The scene background in the main menu behind the Scorpitron sometimes does not display correctly and will be shown as a blank blue backdrop.
- [PC] Key bindings don’t allow default key bindings to be removed and replaced.
- Interface delay options are not saving upon client exit, and in some cases changing themselves to random values.
Mac/Linux Co-op Connection information is listed here.