The following is a list of known issues which our Development Team are currently tracking. Please be aware this is not a comprehensive list but is meant to cover only those topics we believe most players can encounter in their early playthroughs. We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible.
As ever, please use the search field in our PC Bug Report and Console Bug Report forums to see if an issue has been reported there. If it has not, please refer to the Bug Report Posting Guidelines when creating a new thread.
Please note that as there are a number of issues relating to the functionality of Autosaves which are currently being investigated, we are advising players to disable that feature until further notice.
From the Main Menu > Options > Gameplay > Autosaves (OFF).
During the course of your campaign Autosaves will only trigger after scene transitions, so the game should manually be saved at regular intervals throughout.
Co-op Version Matching
With the release of 1.1.0, we highly encourage both the guest and host to ensure they’ve updated properly to the latest version of the game. Players who have disabled automatic updates on Steam and GOG, or those who use the GOG offline installers, should be extra vigilant in ensuring a version match.
In the future we’ll disallow connections between mismatched clients, but for now you’ll need to ensure you’re both updated. Your version number can be seen at the main menu in the lower right hand corner (currently 22.214.171.124097).
- Quest and character progression can reset at seemingly random times while playing in co-op.
- Workaround: We’ve found disabling auto-saves can reduce or remove risk of this occurring (please be sure to save manually). We are still looking into these reports.
- While loading into a game or new zone in co-op the client and host can become stuck at 33%
- Disabling auto-saves on both client and host machines can resolve this issue for some users.
- We’ve seen some players find success when loading into a zone in single player, saving, and then loading that save in a co-op session. We’re still investigating this issue and hope to have it resolved in our next update.
- If a Guest leaves a co-op lobby, they won’t be able to rejoin until the Host recreates it.
- We’re aware of some users who are unable to join each other’s co-op games. We believe this may be due to network settings and antivirus/firewall settings. If you have any security programs active, we recommend making sure that Wasteland 3 is set as a safe file/program.
Xbox One & PlayStation 4
- We’re aware of some crashes and unresponsive actions on consoles.
- This is our highest priority and initial patches are in the final stages of testing now.
- Brightness settings cannot be adjusted again beyond first start up.
If one of the original two squad members are removed from the squad and replaced back at HQ, they can break into a state where the characters have negative attribute points. The only recourse for now is to dismiss the affected character and make a new one (either just as you had them before, or as a new character configuration). This is being investigated and we hope to have this resolved in a forthcoming patch.
- When a player gets healed by a Doctor and transitions to another scene, the selected main character's health can revert back to the pre-healed amount.
- Workaround: Switch to a different character and visit the Doctor to be healed again across the party before continuing on.
- [PC] Cannot save game.
- This has been traced to antivirus programs blocking the game from saving. Please ensure you have Wasteland 3 allowed/whitelisted through your AV.
- In the case of BitDefender use the Protection->Safe Files option.
- [PC] Laser tripwires can be disarmed, however the cursor does not change when mousing over them.
- Quickly swapping and moving characters from afar when a cutscene begins may cause the game to become unresponsive.
- [PC] The scene background in the main menu behind the Scorpitron sometimes does not display correctly and will be shown as a blank blue backdrop.
- [PC] Key bindings don’t allow default key bindings to be removed and replaced.
- Interface delay options are not saving upon client exit, and in some cases changing themselves to random values.
- Key bindings show a Pause feature which does not exist.