The following is a list of known issues which our Development Team are currently tracking. Please be aware this is not a comprehensive list but is meant to cover only those topics we believe most players can encounter in their early playthroughs. We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible.
As ever, please use the search field in our PC Bug Report and Console Bug Report forums to see if an issue has been reported there. If it has not, please refer to the Bug Report Posting Guidelines when creating a new thread.
- Some users have reported difficulties joining each other’s co-op games. We believe this may be due to network and antivirus/firewall settings. If you have any security programs active, we recommend making sure that Wasteland 3 is set as a safe file/program.
- Conversations with NPCs can break if the player not in the conversation engages in combat, and then brings the combat event within range of the player who is in the conversation.
- The game can softlock for the guest client after the earlier ending with Liberty is triggered.
[Cult of the Holy Detonation / Controller] There is currently a known issue making the tumor colony in the Security level difficult to interact with while using a controller/gamepad, often incorrectly showing "not enough AP" instead of the tumor wall itself being selected. The tumor can still be interacted with though it may take spamming the general area where it is in order for the skin flute to be used on it to bring it down. A hotfix is coming soon, which will make this less difficult to interact with by our controller/gamepad users.
- Of note: Controller users may have the best chance at success placing the controller cursor in the middle of the door frame into the generator room.
- [Steeltown] After assembling the Warbot to open the main door, the cutscene after the warbot is assembled can get stuck.
- Update: a small DLC update was published on the affected platforms which will resolve this issue. If you are still experiencing this, please make sure you have checked for any available updates and installed them before proceeding.
- Kwon and Lucia are sometimes leaving the party if the player attacks enemies.
- The permadeath animation is currently missing for player characters.
- When a player is trading with the merchant, they may not always be able to select the quantity of items they wish to purchase via keyboard input.
- Players can get stuck in the squad management screen which is opened after the conversation with Angela Deth back at Ranger HQ.
- [Controller] The tooltip describing the status/buff remains on the screen after opening the info panel while in targeting mode.
- [Steeltown] During the final conversation with Patriarch he can report on the outcome of Steeltown incongruently from how the end slides will report the player’s progress.
- [PC] Cannot save game.
- This has been traced to antivirus programs blocking the game from saving. Please ensure you have Wasteland 3 allowed/whitelisted through your AV.
- In the case of BitDefender use the Protection->Safe Files option.
- After canceling a save, the onscreen prompt says, "Progress has been successfully saved," instead of the "Return to the main menu.”
- [Controller] The targeting circle behaves in an unexpected way while large enemies are targeted, which can make targeting certain opponents more difficult with the controller input.
- [Controller/Keyboard] Holding the left controller stick or an arrow key on a keyboard to accelerate the scroll box within the crafting screen does not currently function.
Mac/Linux Co-op Connection information is listed here.