Windows PC users who have OneDrive running should be aware that the default save location for Wasteland 3 (Documents/My Games/Wasteland3) is by default backed up by OneDrive. Depending on your Steam Cloud Save sync settings, your saves may not be automatically backed up/reinstalled if your Steam Cloud Save or OneDrive settings have changed; or you may find your saves being overwritten by OneDrive/Steam depending on your settings.
It's recommended to check your OneDrive folders and settings to ensure you're logged in and your save files are present on your machine, and/or that your Steam Cloud Saves are functioning correctly. One or both issues may result in "missing" our outdated saves until one or both backup methods are resolved.
- Right click OneDrive in system tray, or run OneDrive from Start Menu
- Sign in
- Click cog wheel in upper right
- Click Settings, then click on "Choose folders"
- Ensure Documents>My Games is checked, click Ok and wait for OneDrive to sync folders
- Click on Steam in upper left, then Settings
- Select Cloud, then ensure the "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization" is checked
- Click Ok
- Right click on Wasteland 3 in your library, and select Properties
- Ensure the "Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud" option is checked
- Close the menu and launch the game to begin Steam Cloud download
If you are experiencing issues with saving and loading and have confirmed you are logged into OneDrive, please review this article.